Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

First Blog


This is my first posting! Not sure what I will write about everyday, but just thought it would be fun, and help me keep track of my life.

My name is Judi and I am a stay at home mom. I really enjoy it, however I am now looking for other things to occupy my time.

Knitting is my addiction. When I go to the knitting store, my husband refers to it as the "drug store". He is so right! It is difficult to keep me away, especially since three new yarn shops have opened within 10 miles of my home!


I have been knitting since college, at least 20 years ago, and sometimes am in full force, and then drop it for a few years. The past couple though I have been nonstop.

Currently I am working on three projects; a felted bag for my daughter, an evening bag, and a poncho for myself. The felted bag is a modification of a knitting bag I just finished. She wants one for sleepovers. I love the colors of hers much more. It will be pink, light blue, and royal blue. I will post it soon.

On Friday I begin my first sock project for the knitting Olympics. I have never knit socks before. Any suggestions? I have heard about toe up, leg down, 2 needles, using dbl pointed, and 2 socks at the same time....All of these decisions. I am trying to minimize the number of decisions in my life. The worst is what is for dinner....

That is it for now. Going to work on this blog and figure out how to put my favorite links!

BBFN.... Judi



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?