Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Learn something new every day

Well, it has been a long 36 hours. My new addiction, blogging, is hopefully temporary. I had to get it right. Thank you Kat for all of your help. You are definitely a savior. As if you did not have enough to do! I think I have the hang of it now, but I will keep on trying.

One of my middle school kid's teacher called yesterday about some PTA stuff and told me about a great book "Perfectionism; What is Bad About Being Too Good" for me and my daughter. Do you think she meant for me? I wish I had read it last night at 2AM while trying to master this Blog! I just could not let it go! I have to order it.


Well, for now the blog is good enough. Now I need to concentrate on my knitting. I start a real estate class next week, so I have a lot of knitting to do before it begins. We also need to get ready for vacation, and I am sure my 6 yr old daughter has grown out of most of her summer clothes.

I finished the two side panels of the bag, and front. Unfortunately it will not be done by Friday, but I am definitely casting on my socks on Friday evening.

I decided to do
Sockbug's Lava Flow Socks on 2 circular needles. I got my sock yarn; KnitPicks Simple Stripes,my addi needles (I invested in the needles but went with the cheap yarn for the first time sock), and have Cat Bordhi's "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles". I am ready to go.

I visited 2 of my local knitting stores today for the book. Wow. What a difference. One sells a lot of reasonably priced yarns, needles and other notions, but they know NOTHING! The other shop sells the most beautiful yarns and accessories, can be very helpful, but are so expensive. It is so frustrating to see so many items made of pashmina,cashmere, silk.... and you need to buy the yarn to get the pattern. WHY can I not buy the pattern and use my own yarn???? Not all of us can afford to make a $100.00 scarf or $30.00 socks.

Okay I will stop. Well back to my bag... I will try to post the pictures soon.

Comments:
Hi, i surfed here from Team DPN, and think your blog looks great - I like the crisp look, text very easy to read. Blogging is addictive .... lots of fun. The bloggerforum has lots of help too. Good luck - see you in Blogland!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?