Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Ready, set, fare a maglie (knit)


As you can see I do not speak Italian. Just an attempt to get in the spirit. Officially the Olympics have begun, but not I.... Busy doing things that SAHM do, and more. I did spend a fair amount of time at the LYS winding 6 balls of Cascade 220 yarn. Why does it not coming already balled? I never understood. What a waste of time! I think I should invest in a ball winder and let the kids help me.

Update on the striped bag; front, back and sides are done. I love the colors! They match my blog! In the process of knitting the pocket when I ran out of balled yarn. I think my older daughter (age 11) is going to help with the pocket; basic knitting and purling. That is a healthy addiction to share with your daughter. Its fair, the bag is for her... I REALLY do not like finishing and that will take up a lot of time this weekend. I would like to learn how to seam together with a single crochet stitch. Maybe go to one of the LYS this weekend for a quick lesson. In between the 2 basketball games, a lacrosse game, driving son to Bar Mitzvah, and trying to have a social life with hubby. Needless to say, with my 6 year old at tow. Did I mention that she has the worst case of Mommy-istis? It is painful at times, for her, myself, and the rest of the family.

Snow, snow, snow. It is coming, and I am looking forward to it. If it is going to be cold I would rather there be white. It also means time to hang with the family without driving from activity to activity! and maybe more knitting!


Well I am all ready for my Olympic project; my first socks. I swatched last night. Good news; I found that I loved working with the 2 circular needles (sorry TEAM DPN!, but I will still do my share of poking!) Bad news; I needed Addi size 1 not size 2. So back to the other LYS, for Addi size 1s. I have to look at is as an investment.

Now it is time to balance between the new, exciting project of socks, or another striped bag. Why do us knitters create these predicaments for ourselves? I am always adding to the list of current, and future. Got to concentrate on the completing. While in the LYS today, someone mentioned that I should work there. I would probably spend even more, looking at all of those wonderful yarns, and imagining NEW intriguing projects. I just can not even walk in. Today I was good I refrained, "only needles please".

Off to cast on for my socks, and work on the bag,oh and take care of my family...

Ciao....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?