Friday, March 03, 2006

 

We are back.....but not caught up


Forgot to post, from March 3rd

Wow..... time had definitely gotten away from me. We got back from vacation at the beginning of the week, but have been crazed ever since.

First of all... I am please to announce that I am a gold medal recipient. I finished my socks, and another as well. I am addicted and my family loves hand knitted socks. I can not believe I have gone this long without. They are so comfortable! Pictures to come. We wore them and I am trying to get caught up with laundry...

My first pair were the Lava Socks from Sockbug, and the yarn was from Knitpicks, Simple stripes. They came out great, other than the connection between the heel flap and the gusset. There was a huge hole on both. Even the second one that I was conscience of. My daughters are the same general pattern in Knitpicks Dancing. This was a pure wool, and it shrank a little when I washed in cold water. From now on I will not use 100% wool, definitely superwash for me.

I ordered more sock wool from Knitpicks and a few skeins of Opal. I am very excited. Sock yarn seems to be a great item to have in my stash. I can always pick it up and make some in a couple of days. Especially for the little ones.

I just ordered Crazy Toes and Heels. I want to try the aloha cast on, 2 socks on 2 circs, and toe up. I will let you know how it goes.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?